If it ain't in numbered order it ain't a top anything!!

Moderator: duckworth

duckworth
aka Duck von Worth Sr.

Re: If it ain't in numbered order it ain't a top anything!!

Post by duckworth » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Leopold wrote:
Leopold wrote:Duckie I'd already been hoping you would drop in again, but now even more because I have some questions for you. I'll post them in your thread so as not to go off topic here.
8-)
4. I think you went to school in Boston for a bit? And you mentioned having always wanted to move to the U.S. and appreciating it's movies & music, etc. Has current events changed your mind about that?
I'm in the US every 8 weeks or so now - but mostly SF and NY. I love the country, but the more I travel, the more I appreciate living in Ireland. I love aspects of America, but find so much of it difficult to accept also (guns/racism/lack of safety net for people etc.)

I felt like this before the current regime came along - so my feelings are independent of the current president. However, he has made me even less fond of US in recent times - I try to ignore it and say to myself 'he's just an opportunistic lunatic and doesn't reflect truly how Americans are feeling', but I sometimes worry he actually is reflecting what large swathes of the country feel - and that is not a comforting thought for me.

duckworth
aka Duck von Worth Sr.

Post by duckworth » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 pm

Are you guys bleeping Donald's surname?

Reminds me of a Bob Dylan site I used to post to, where they bleeped out Phil Collins if you ever typed it. His name was treated like a curse word (rightly).

Leopold
Tōfu no kado ni atama wo utte shinē
Favorites: My Scene Deux Favorites List

Post by Leopold » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 am

duckie, you are a true gentleman. I'm super sick right now, but wanted to thank you for such a thoughtful response. our days & nights here are marginally less depressing when it's an evil basket of kittens wreaking havoc on the world, instead of that other thing. Thank dustin for that one.

8-)

also thank you again. :praise:

dans ce monde inhabitable
vaut mieux danser sur les tables
à Port Coton qu’on se revoit,
qu’on se revoit

MY FAVORITE FILMS

Dreams are the aquarium of the night.

dustin
"But seriously, narrative is for pussies."

Post by dustin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:58 am

Phil Collins is a national treasure! What are you talking about?